Tis’ the Season for the Domingos Newsletter!
2023 is a blur.
Last year, we were still unravelling the BrandPoint Services deal and officially closing the books on ProGroup, while launching our new brand for our New England painting and renovation services, re:fab. This year started with a new leadership team, and with our new recruiting process, we hired many new team members, subs and vendors, who have quickly added to the strength of our organization. We also launched a new business with DogTowne and opened a second Fat Cousins restaurant. re:fab Living entered the short-term rental space and continued in the real estate investment world. Why Not A Pear had another successful fundraising year and did countless things to help our local communities. Professionally, it has been an incredible year!
While achieving these accomplishments, we have shared nearly every emotion together. We have grieved the illnesses and passings of close family and friends. We have celebrated births, graduations, engagements, new homes, weddings and retirements.
As I’ve watched and worked with so many of you, I find myself in awe of all you have done. My holidays will be filled with gratitude for the efforts and caring you have shown for our clients and teammates. I’m excited to celebrate with all of you on the 21st at our company holiday party and can’t wait to start 2024!
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!
-Dave Moura, CEO of Domingos Holdings
REMINDER: This Thursday, Let’s Sleigh-e-brate Together!
at the Domingos Holdings Holiday Party!
THIS THURSDAY! Join us at the Century House in Acushnet, MA on December 21st starting at 6:30PM for food, fun, awards and more, as we celebrate the holidays with all of our Domingos Holdings brands!
Make sure to attend, as you may be nominated for one of the following awards!
- Rookie of the Year
- MVP Award
- Helping Hand Award
- Rising Star Award
- 5-Star Service Award
- Driving Success Award
- Innovator Award
- Partner of the Year
- The Manny Award
- The Domingos Award
- Why Not A Scholarship?
If you haven’t RSVP’d yet, please do so NOW via the email invite that you should have received! If you did not receive an invitation, please coordinate with your manager. We can’t wait to see you there! For direct questions or concerns, please contact your supervisor.
- re:fab grew with over 10 new hires in 2023, plus a bigger network of subs and vendors!
- Fat Cousins got fatter with the opening of their 2nd location. Norton, MA, meet FC!
- DogTowne opened this spring at the red barn in Lakeville, MA!! We have nearly 400 dogs in our system!
- re:fab Living is expanding into the property management side of things, plus has increased its short-term rental game!
- Why Not A Pear raised over $30k at our annual golf tournament.
Some Personal Highlights:
- Julia, from DogTowne, and Dakota from re:fab got engaged! Cheers to your upcoming wedding in February 2024!
- Brooke, from Why Not A Pear, and Andrew, from re:fab, got married! Congrats to the happy couple!
- Matt M. from re:fab became a father with the birth of his daughter, Camelia.
- Jason got back into a fitness/gym routine.
- Peter R., from Domingos, saw Beyoncé.
- Sarah B., from Domingos, went to Disney with friends and family to celebrate her 30th birthday! She also went to The Eras Tour!
- Peter D., from re:fab, celebrated with his granddaughter who won awards in gymnastics!
- Ian Power, from re:fab, got season tickets to the Celtics!
- Retirements are in the air for Maggie, Luis and Joel! We will miss you all SO much!!
Have any other highlights from 2023 that you’d like to share? Email Peter Reney at firstname.lastname@example.org and it might make the next newsletter!
Now, let’s hear a year-end message from each of our business drivers, with important company highlights.
Pears on a Mission!
2023 has been a great year for Why Not A Pear! We have been able to give back to our community so much with the help from all of you! Here is a list of the organizations we gave back to this year:
- Christmas Angels with Hayden-McFadden Elementary School
- 826 Boston
- S.E.A.L. Foundation
- Portuguese Language Discovery Academy
- Southcoast Panthers Youth Hockey Association
- Gnome Surf
- Community Autism Resources
- Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.
- New Bedford High School Gridiron Club
- United Way of Greater New Bedford
- The Jimmy Fund
- Acushnet Public Schools
- Freetown Lakeville Regional School District
- Boy Scouts – Rochester Troop 31
- Old Colony YMCA in Middleboro
- Berkley Community School Teachers & Faculty
- Lakeville Arts & Music
- Rodman Ride for Kids
Thank you for making 2023 such a great year and we can’t wait to do even more in 2024!
Just call us Santa!
We had a great opportunity to help out students in need at Hayden-McFadden School in New Bedford. We were assigned 4 families, with 12 kids, to shop, wrap and drop off toys and clothing for on behalf of Santa! Thank you to everyone who helped. It was such a rewarding experience to know how much of an impact we will have on these kids’ Holiday Season. We wish we could see their smiling faces!
Be a Fat Cousin this Holiday Season!
A Message from Sandie Parker, GM of Fat Cousins
Did you hear?! Fat Cousins is on TV!
Watch our New TV Ad here!
Fat Cousin of The Month, Lakeville
This month’s Fat Cousin of the Month in Lakeville is Devon! Devon is one of our delivery drivers, but he has been known to help out where he can in the front and with prep. Thank you, Devon, for all that you do!!
What Else is Happing at FCs?
- Our Holiday Catering Specials are still available until Sunday 1/7/2024! Perfect for any Holiday or New Year’s gathering. View them HERE and order them with Bev!
- For every $25 you spend on Fat Cousins gift cards, get a FREE $5 bonus card! In store only, now through this Sunday, 12/24
- Saturday 12/30 is National Bacon Day! Get 10% off Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizzas/Calzones, Portuguesa Pizzas/Calzone, B.L.T. Pizzas/Calzone, B.L.T. Sub, Turkey B.L.T. and Chedder Bacon Burgers! That day only.
- Lakeville’s next Malasadas Pop-Up is Sunday, 1/7/2024, from 9AM until we sell out!
- View our weekly deals here!
- Our Holiday Hours at both locations:
- Thursday 12/18: 11AM – 4PM. For the Holiday party
- Christmas Eve, Sunday, 12/24: 9AM – 11AM. Open for catering pick and gift card sales only
- Christmas Day, Monday 12/25: Closed
- Tuesday 12/26: Closed for team outing
- New Year’s Eve, Sunday 12/31: open normal hours, 12PM – 8:30PM
- New Year’s Day, Monday 1/1: Delayed opening 12PM – 8PM
The New Dog on the Block Goes for the Win!
A message from Julia Moura, Owner/ Founder of DogTowne
Happy Holidays from your DogTowne family! Heading into 2024, we can’t wait to invite more all-stars to join our team. We’re at almost 400 dogs in our system – so many friendly faces we have met this year! Our goal for 2024, is to continue to provide high-quality dog care to all our clients and make sure everyone leaves with a smile, never forgetting that a tired dog, is a happy dog! We hope all our four-legged friends find everything they wished for under their tree and enjoy their time with their families. We are ready to have wonderful New Year!
Join us as we open our doors to humans to see the DogTowne difference for themselves! All public open houses typically held from 6:15PM- 7:15PM on the first Monday of every month, unless noted otherwise. To tour the facility with your dog and/or tour on another night (Tues – Thurs), please call or email to schedule your personal tour.
- Monday 1/8, 6:15PM – 7:45PM
- Monday 2/5, 6:15PM – 7:45PM
- Monday 3/4, 6:15PM – 7:45PM
Hours below are for day care. We are still operating as usual for our overnight boarding clients. Need to book an upcoming overnight stay? Please call to check for availability.
- Christmas Eve, Sunday, Dec 24th: Closed
- Christmas Day, Monday, Dec 25th: Closed
- Tuesday, Dec 26th: Late Open 9 am- 6 pm
- New Year’s Eve, Sunday, Dec 31st: Closed
- New Year’s Day, Jan 1st: Closed
- February 9-11: Closed for Julia’s wedding!!
New Year, New Bios!
Flipping, BNB’n and Restyled Living!
A message from Jason Pinto, COO
We are excited to launch our full-service list, including residential property management, short term rental management and investment services. We anticipate 2024 being a transitional year for the real estate industry, with lots of opportunity for growth. We get the sense that with the interest rate hikes of 2023, homeowners feel stuck and not sure how to best leverage their properties. Our services are designed to help alleviate that feeling by providing the best solutions and options for them to consider.
Learn more at refabliving.com
Winter Street… UNDER AGREEMENT!
Our Winter Street flip in Fairhaven, MA is under agreement! Thank you to everyone for all your hard work in making this flip happen and sell fast!
FOR SALE! A private beach house on Cherry and Webb Beach in Westport, MA!
Our Beach home in Westport MA is for sale! Take a look at the listing here!
2023, a year of re:focus for re:fab
A message from Matt Moura, President of re:fab
Let’s hear it for Sarah Medeiros! Sarah has really taken charge on the development of our new QuickBase software. She is doing a great job helping us shape our organization process for the future and establishing the foundation for our MOM “Methods and Operations Manual”. Thank you, Sarah, for all that you do!
QuickBase is coming, QuickBase is coming!!
We will be launching our new software program beginning January 1st. We look forward to seeing how the improvements made will be implemented and help set ourselves up for future growth.
New Years Resolutions all around Domingos!
- Matt Moura from re:fab said his is to lose a few pounds and travel to a new place!
- Peter Reney from Domingos said his is to set a better nighttime routine, AKA no more scrolling before bed!
- Sarah Baillargeon from Domingos said hers is to clean out her closet! At least 5 bags of clothes need to be filled, no excuses!
- The crews at Fat Cousins said:
- to focus on being healthy and fit
- getting more sleep
- quit smoking
- go on a vacation
- to be more patient with others!
- Jason Pinto from re:fab Living said his is to spend more time with his wife and two kids!
- Got a New Year’s Resolution you would like to share? Email Peter Reney at email@example.com and it might end up in our next Newsletter!
The Domingos Newsletter is written by Peter Reney and Sarah Baillargeon of the Domingos Holdings Marketing Department. If you have any updates within your brands, department, or an area that you would like to share, please reach out to Peter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 508-858-9826. Thank you for reading!